Vancouver Green Wall Features More Than 3,500 Different Plants
The green wall is on display at a two-building condo and was designed by Henriquez Partners Arhitects and developed by Peterson Group and Westbank.
The green wall is construction with GSky’s Pro Wall System, a flexible, modular system for the exterior that is designed to resist heavy winds, rain and earthquakes.
The density of 12 plants per square foot of the wall panel allows for a flexible design.
Designed by Debbie Kotalic, GSky’s Director of Artistic Horticultural Design, the Green Wall features a combination of plants.
The wall is 322 square feet and uses a total of 3,780 different plants.
The plants used include:
- Fragaria Chiloensis ‘Coastal’
- Euonymus Fortunei ‘Emerald & Gold’
- Blechnum Spicant ‘Deer Fern’
- Heuchera Micrantha ‘Palace Purple’
- Euonymus Fortunei ‘Emerald Gaiety’
- Cotoneaster Dammeri ‘Bearberry’
- Dryopteris Erythrosora ‘Autumn Fern’